Are you working with a Product designer?
However, do you know:
- What traits good designers share?
- How designers balance competing priorities?
- How designers handle conflict?
Working with a Product designer?
This got me thinking:
1. What is the Product Designer role?
This article describes the role and lists the important attributes of the modern product designer role as:
- (1) Product Orientation
- (2) Holistic Experience Design
- (3) Prototyping
- (4) User Testing
- (5) Interaction and Visual Design
2. A Comprehensive Guide To Product Design.
In this article the author talks about when designing products, always remember that you are designing for people. Let’s take a closer look at how to define an optimal product vision, strategy, and design process.
3. As Product People, we work with Product designers a lot.
In this article the author talks about the roles between a Product Manager and UX designer:
- Responsible for the overall success of the product
- Coordinates with different departments and stakeholders
- Defines requirements and prioritizes features
- Takes on a higher-level understanding of user needs and product design
- Responsible for the success (usability) of the product design
- Conducts usability studies and research
- Defines the product layout and how it will best function
- Takes on a very focused understanding of user needs and designs to solve user’s problems
In addition, by now, and especially if you are a regular reader you know working in cross-functional teams is hard. There will be ups and downs.
4. How 6 product designers tackle friction with product managers
In this article, the author chats with six super-talented product designers to find out the most enjoyable and not-so-enjoyable parts of working with a PM, and the communication strategies they think PMs should implement to reduce friction with their designers.
Do you watch Streams?
Tonight Tuesday, April 28, 2020, at 7:30 PM EST, we will be streaming with Leo Morejon. We will be chatting about how to market in this new normal?
Check it out: here.
Before I go
Finally, Have you worked with a Product designer before? what has your experience been?
Till next week, have a safe week.