These past few weeks have been difficult for most people around the world. Which got me thinking does it feel weird to promote your content?
Therefore, this week’s issue of Product Negotiations will be different. This week I’ll be going through some of my thoughts around Covid-19.
Does it feel weird to promote your content?
For me, yes.
I was browsing Twitter this morning and saw the number of webinars and online summit’s increase. Which makes sense considering we are all practicing social distancing.
Canceling Product Impact 2020 was an easy decision when it came to prioritizing our speakers and attendees. However, at the same time was a very difficult thing to do since we had put so much work and effort into organizing this conference.
As we work on creating our next series, #SummerofProduct, I recently dropped some hints on social. However, this was all before NYC’s mayor shut down NYC (effectively). Here’s a quick recap:
- Sunday, March 15, 2020: There will be no school this upcoming week (March 16 through March 20). Then for the following three weeks, students will be remote learning.
- Bars, clubs, restaurants will be take out or delivery only.
- Self-quarantine and social distancing measures are in place.
Things just got real.
While the world is facing real problems, as I browsed Twitter I saw many people promote their online events. I immediately had two reactions:
- WTF: People have real problems and here you are promoting X.
- Things are tough and people need an outlet.
I was torn. What should I do? While we are still in the early stages of #SummerofProduct When do I start promoting?
What would you do?
In the meantime below are a few resources for Covid-19.
1. WHO Covid-19 outbreak
2. CDC Covid-19 guidelines
3. NYC Covid-19
4. A directory of resources aiming to help solve the global pandemic, aggregated by people like you.
5. Corona Simulator
6. Interactive Covid-19 tracker
However, if these sound depressing and you are looking for some entertainment check out:
7. Mayor forgets to turn off microphone
Until next week, stay safe, stay strong. Since you likely may be working from home, if you’d be interested in a quick chat about, Product, Sales, Covid-19 or something else feel free to grab some time on the calendar here.
Pradip (is #stayinghome)